Dress Code Policy
Dressing for Success in the Classroom
We have recently updated our OPA Dress Code Policy for the 2022-2023 school year. Our OPA Dress Code Committee met several times this year to update the Dress Code Policy and select the best vendors to supply OPA families. The new OPA Wear will have our updated logo, although we will allow students to wear clothing with the old logo. However, we are not allowing students to wear Khaki starting in August 2022, student bottoms should be plaid or black. Now that students are back in school full time, we do expect all students to follow the dress code policy everyday, and professors and administration will be strictly enforcing the dress code for the 2022-2023 school year.
Where to Buy
OPA Wear can be purchased from the store of your choosing. For your convenience, we have provided links to several retailers below.
Oxford’s Dress Code Policy – The Details
- All students are expected to wear clothes that comply with our dress code policy to school each day and on field trips.
- Dress Code pieces with Oxford logos are available for purchase, however, students are not required to purchase their uniform from any specific vendor.
- Any student or parent who needs assistance with identifying or purchasing OPA Wear should contact the school office at (949) 305-6111 or [email protected]
- No student shall be sent home from school or denied attendance to school, or penalized academically or otherwise discriminated against, for noncompliance with this Dress Code Policy.
- Students or parents requesting an exemption from any provision of this dress code for religious or other reasons should contact the school office at (949) 305-6111 or [email protected]
- Shoes for all students (TK-8) will be closed toe and should coordinate with the uniform (coordinating colors are black, white, grey, silver, orange, and aqua). Socks should also coordinate with the uniform colors.
More About Oxford’s Uniform Policy
- Students’ classroom University or Oxford spirit hats or caps are allowed for outdoor use only.
- Clothes and belts must be the appropriate size and length when worn.
- Socks, tights, and leggings should coordinate with the school dress code (coordinating colors are black, white, orange, grey, silver, and aqua); Tights and leggings may only be worn under shorts, skirts, or skorts; they may not be worn alone.
- All outerwear (such as jackets, hoodies, sweaters and sweatshirts) should coordinate with the school dress code (coordinating colors are black, white, grey, silver, orange, and aqua).
- All items, unless otherwise indicated, must be solid color.
The following items are considered inappropriate and are contrary to the Uniform Policy:
- Clothing that contains any pattern, design, or logo that is disruptive or inappropriate, vulgar, violent, or discriminatory. Oxford does not tolerate any clothing or other personal items that promote drugs, gangs, alcohol, smoking, sex, profanity, or violence.
- Clothing which allows undergarments to be seen.
- Distracting hair styles, such as mohawks, spiked hair and unnatural colored hair (e.g., orange, blue, green).
- Roller shoes/Heelys.
- Make-up for 7th and 8th graders: should be natural, light make-up only with no eyeliner and no lipstick; and
- Clothing that is excessively large or tight.